We, Confovis GmbH, respect your right to data protection and make every effort to comply with the laws and regulations for the protection of personal data. The purpose of this data protection statement is to inform you, how the personal information captured by Confovis will be used and how you can have the information changed or erased which is stored by us.
Name and address of the controller
Phone: +49 3641 27410-00
General information on data processing
Scope of the processing of personal data
We only process the personal data of our users to the extent that this is necessary to provide a functional website as well as our content and services. We generally only process our users’ personal data after obtaining the consent of the user. An exception applies in such cases in which the processing of the data is permitted by legal regulations.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
To the extent that we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Art. 6(1) a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the legal basis for the processing of personal data.
Where the processing of personal data is necessary for the fulfillment of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6(1) b GDPR is the legal basis. This also applies to processing that is necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
To the extent that the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation imposed on our company, Art. 6(1) c GDPR is the legal basis.
Where processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the former interest, Art. 6(1) f GDPR is the legal basis for processing.
Data erasure and storage duration
The user’s personal data will be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the controller is subject. The data will also be blocked or erased if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
Collection, processing and storage of personal data
We shall collect personal data from you,
- when you get in touch with us for the purpose of obtaining information, for communication reasons as well as for the purpose of initiating and processing orders;
- when you apply for a job with us;
- when you make any other online inquiries and
- in connection with cookies and other technologies.
Confovis will use the data thus collected to provide you with information about products and services you required. This may include contacting you by e-mail, phone, SMS or mail.
If our Internet presentation offers the opportunity to enter personal or business data (such as e-mail and postal addresses, names, contact data, customer-IDs), this can only be done after your explicit permission has been obtained. The necessity to give your permission is pointed out on our homepage accordingly.
Whenever the website of Confovis GmbH is called, the access data will be stored in a log file, the server log. The data set thus stored will contain, inter alia, the following data:
- the date, the time of the day, the access status (file found, file not found etc.) and the inquiry made from your browser to the server,
- the data volume transmitted as well as the webpage, from which you arrived at the page you requested (IP address),
- the individual pages of our website called by you and
- the product and version information of the browser used (user agent) as well as the preferred language.
These data cannot be allocated to certain persons, nor will they be merged with other data. The stored data will be evaluated exclusively for statistical purposes, be treated confidentially and not be passed on to any third parties.
This Website uses the „Google Analytics“ service as offered by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) for analyzing the usage of the Website by users. The service uses „Cookie“ text files which are stored on your terminal device. The information collected by the cookies will usually be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This website is protected by its IP anonymization. The user’s IP address will be shortened within the member states of the EU and of the European Economic Area, so that it is impossible to relate your IP address to a specific person. As part of the agreement for the processing of job data which the website operators have concluded with Google Inc., the latter will compile an evaluation of the website usage and activity with the help of the information collected and provide services that are associated with the use of the Internet. You can prevent the storage of cookies on your device by making the relevant settings in your browser, although it is then no longer ensured that you can access all functions of this website without any restrictions, if your browser does not allow cookies. You may also prevent by a browser plug-in that the information collected by the cookies (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google Inc. and is used by them. The following link will take you to the relevant plug-in: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Alternatively, you will prevent by a click on this link that Google Analytics collects data about you within this website. When clicking on the above link, you will download a so-called „opt-out cookie“. In other words, you browser must basically allow the storage of cookies; if you erase your cookies regularly, a new click on the above link is required, whenever you visit this website again.
You can find further information about the data usage by Google Inc. here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de
The website of Confovis GmbH uses the online advertising program „Google AdWords“ which sets cookies by way of conversion tracking, as soon as a user clicks on an advert placed by Google. The validity of these cookies expires after 30 days and they do not personally identify individuals. If a user visits a certain page of the website while the cookies are valid, it can be seen that the user has clicked on the advert and has been passed on to this page. Each customer of Google AdWords will get another cookie, so that the user cannot be traced through the websites of AdWords customers. The information obtained with the help of cookies is used, among other things, for generating statistics about the total number of users that have clicked on an advert and that have been passed on to a page marked with a conversion tracking tag. However, this information cannot be used to personally identify a user. Users who do not wish to participate in the tracking can easily deactivate the cookie of the Google conversion tracking through their Internet browser under “User settings”.
Google AdWords Remarketing
Furthermore, this website uses the remarketing function of Google AdWords that displays ads within Google’s search network. Therefore cookies are placed on your computer. By means of these cookies, Google can track your behavior while surfing our webpages. On the basis of these information we can then display our ads according to your Google search.
Links to other websites
As long as out Internet presentation offers links to other websites, we would like to point out that Confovis GmbH cannot be held liable that the operators of these other websites comply with the statutory data protection regulations.
Confovis GmbH will store your personal information only as long as is required for providing the services or products you requested, or for a period either admissible or required by law.
Your rights as a data subject
Where we process your personal data, you as the data subject have the following rights vis-à-vis the controller.
Right to information
You can ask us for a confirmation of whether your personal data are processed by us. If such processing takes place, you can request the following information from us:
- the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- the categories of personal data processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data have been or are still being disclosed;
- the planned duration of the storage of your personal data or, if no specific information on this is possible, criteria for determining the storage period;
- the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of your personal data, a right to restriction of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, pursuant to Art. 22(1) and (4) GDPR and – at least in these cases – meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
You have the right to request information as to whether your personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization. In this context, you can request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transfer.
Right to rectification
You have a right to rectification and/or completion vis-à-vis the controller if your processed personal data are inaccurate or incomplete. The controller must make the rectification immediately.
Right to restriction of processing
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of your personal data be restricted:
- if you dispute the accuracy of your personal data for a period of time that enables the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you reject the erasure of the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the processing purposes, but you need them to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- if you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21(1) GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the controller override your reasons.
Where the processing of your personal data has been restricted, such data may only be processed – apart from being stored – with your consent or for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the processing restriction has been restricted in accordance with the above conditions, you will be notified by the controller before the restriction is lifted.
Right to erasure
You may ask the controller to erase your personal data immediately. The controller is then obliged to erase these data immediately if one of the following reasons applies:
- your personal data are no longer required for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your consent on which the processing pursuant to Art. 6(1) a or Art. 9(2) a GDPR was based and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- you lodge an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21(1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you lodge an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21(2) GDPR;
- your personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- the erasure of your personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
- your personal data have been collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8(1) GDPR.
Information to third parties
Where the controller has made your personal data public and if he is obliged to erase the data pursuant to Art. 17(1) GDPR, he will take reasonable steps, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform controllers who are processing the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the erasure of all links to these personal data or of copies or replications of these personal data.
The right to erasure does not apply to the extent that processing is necessary
- for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation which makes processing necessary under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the area of public health pursuant to Art. 9(2) h and i as well as Art. 9(3) GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Art. 89(1) GDPR, to the extent that the right referred to in a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of such processing, or
- for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
Right to notification
Where you have exercised your right to have the controller rectify, erase or restrict the processing, he is obliged to notify all recipients to whom your personal data have been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate amount of effort.
You have the right vis-à-vis the controller to be notified of such recipients.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to the controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to pass these data on to another controller without obstruction by the controller to whom the personal data were provided, provided that
- the processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6(1) a GDPR or Art. 9(2) a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6(1) b GDPR, and
- processing is carried out using automated methods.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that your personal data be transferred directly from one controller to another controller, to the extent that this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be impaired by this.
The right to data portability will not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
Right to object
You have the right, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, which is carried out pursuant to Art. 6(1) e or f GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The controller will then no longer process your personal data unless he can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Where your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of such marketing; this also applies to profiling, to the extent that it is associated with such direct marketing.
If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, your personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You may exercise your right to object in connection with the use of information society services – Directive 2002/58/EC notwithstanding – by means of automated procedures using technical specifications.
Right to withdraw the data protection declaration of consent
You have the right to withdraw the data protection declaration of consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the legality of processing carried out on the basis of consent before withdrawal.
Automated decision in individual cases including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing – including profiling – that has legal effect against you or significantly impairs you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision
• is necessary for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract between you and the controller,
• is admissible due to Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject and this legislation contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests, or
• takes place with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to Art. 9(1) GDPR, unless Art. 9(2) a or g applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests.
When using our website, the user is not subject to any such automated decisions in individual cases, including profiling.
Right of complaint to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you reside or work or where you suspect infringement, if you believe that the processing of your personal data infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged will inform the complainant of the progress and the outcome of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Art. 78 GDPR.
Updates & alterations
Confovis GmbH reserves the right to update this data protection statement regularly, when the legal, technical or commercial conditions change. If we do update our data protection statement, we shall take suitable measures to inform you properly about the significance of the changes made by us.