RF – radio frequency technologies
RF – Radio Frequency technologies
The transition to the 5G implementation has a strong influence on the landscape of the radio frequency technology (RF). At the same time, the importance of radio frequency technologies is more and more increasing as a result of the demands made by autonomous driving and the Internet of Things (IoT). In the field of mobile communication, 5G smartphones require an improved efficiency and a large bandwidth which results in an increased number of filters (up to three times the former number) with much smaller geometries.
These challenges require much more precise and in many cases 100% inspections as well as 3D measurements. The Confovis WAFERinspect AOI offers specific solutions for the inspection of demanding resonator structures and RF components for the serial production.
Why Confovis for the inspection of RF?
Sign up now for our newsletter and gain exclusive access to our whitepaper.
Our newsletter will keep you updated on the latest industry trends, events, product announcements, and exclusive offers. Stay informed and benefit from valuable information that can propel your business forward.
RF – Measurement tasks
- Independent of materials: silicon, epoxy, glass, chrome, resist, etc.
- Measurements of demanding surfaces without artifacts (no ‘bat wings)
- High speed: 60 confocal frames per second (250 mil. measuring points)
- Film Thickness / Layer Stack
- Step Height
- Oblong holes
- Macro defects
- Micro defects
- Particle inspection
- Golden Sample
- Defect detection with AI (deep learning, anomaly detection)
- Feature-based defect classification with neural network
- KLARF Files
- Visual Inspection with Fine Alignment
- Operator mode (visual inspection)
- Color images
- Depth of field images
- Documentation through comment function
- Digital inking