ConfoSurf CLV150 for standard applications
Razor-sharp details, precise measurements up to the nanometer range and compact design: the Confovis ConfoSurf CLV150 measurement system convinces with its accuracy and simple operation. Depending on the task, the system uses structured illumination and focus variation. As a space-saving solution in research and development as well as in manufacturing, it solves typical analysis tasks such as roughness, topography or micro-structure measurements with a depth resolution down to the nanometer range. With a measuring and working area of up to 30 mm height, the standard measurement system represents a suitable solution for small samples with a maximum weight of 1.5 kg.
Benefits at a glance:
- 2D and 3D characterisation of surface properties by means of fast surface area scanning
- Nearly artefact-free measurements results, since reduced coherence and speckle effects occur because of the used technology
- Real surface properties: the software does not fill in measurement points; it only depicts actually measured points
- Measurements of a wide range of surfaces and materials, even reflecting surfaces and transparant coatings
- Standard compliant and traceable roughness measurements: verifiable trough normals of independent suppliers
- User-friendly and intuitive measuring software ConfoVIZ®
- Analysis using established Software MountainsMap©
- Automated Measurements; results in a wide variety of formats
Wide range of analysis functions for the finest surface structures
With the combination of the manufacturer‘s proprietary ConfoVIZ© software and the established Mountains-Map® evaluation software, the CLV150 offers a high degree of user-friendliness. The measuring software creates a 3D point cloud, both from the measurement points measured with the focus variation and those recorded with the confocal procedure, which only depicts actually measured points. Genuine measurement values are therefore available to the user in a coordinate system. The software does not fill in any data points which are not measured. The results obtained can be used in the production process and can be displayed in a wide range of output formats as required. In order to manage measurement processes independently of the user and with accurate repeatability, measuring scripts can be automated.
Solve typical measurement tasks
- Shape and contour: angles, heights, widths, radii etc.
- Roughness: profile-based acc. to DIN ISO 4287/4288 and areal-based acc. to DIN ISO 25178
- Step heights
- Functional volume: according to DIN ISO 25178
(Vm, Vv, Vmp, Vmc,Vvc, Vvv)
- Texture direction/Isotrophy
- Tribological parameters: beasring ratio, Rk parameters
- Cutting edge analysis: Chipping of the edge, rounding radius, K-Faktor, Delta r
- and many more
Areal based evaluation - for more surface information
The quality of the surface plays a key role in product function and properties. In order to analyse and improve modern tribological functional surfaces, it is no longer sufficient to simply determine the parameters Rpk, Rk and Rvk based on an individual profile line. Rather, it is necessary to assess the surface properties in two dimensions and to describe them, for example, with the areal function parameters Spk, Sk and Svk as a counterpart to the mentioned profile parameters. Quality assurance in the production of functional surfaces has been reserved for tactile devices until now. The confocal measurement principle of structured illumination demonstrates its strengths, in particular on reflective, fine surfaces, but also on transparent coatings. Thanks to the patented Confovis technology, it is possible to monitor the geometrical properties of the finest surfaces and components in every development and production step.
Tool manufacturers can not only test milling tools, screw taps or indexable inserts, for example, for shape characteristics such as cutting edge radius and angle, but can also measure the roughness in accordance with the standards. This saves the time- and cost-intensive acquisition of multiple measuring devices. The measurement of large angles can be carried out by means of focus variation. Whereas the finest surfaces are measured down to nanometer range with the confocal measurement technology.
Fast 3D analysis of microstructures
The measurement is completed very quickly. With high lateral and depth resolution, the ConfoCam C1+ needs less than half a minute for a typical surface scan. The software converts the image stack into a 3D image which is available to the user directly after the optical scan.
The new measuring process reduces downtimes which are caused by extensive sample preparations or long inspection periods. Due to the possibility to react to critical events in a direct and targeted manner, scrap can be reduced and downtimes minimised.
The measurement system can be put together according to the customer needs, depending on the measuring task. Alongside the Nikon product range, a broad selection of compatible peripheral components are available. Confovis also offers the components for exact micro-positioning in x,y and z direction as well as the perfect sample illumination and suitable clamping and mounting fictures. You have questions on this product or you need more information?Contact us:
Phone: +49 (0) 3641 27 410-12